* Indicates new entry
- Medical scientists, insurance companies, biologists, and politicians are all interested in predicting the size of various populations, both animal and human. The simplest approximation assumes that the growth in size is always proportional to the current size. That can't happen because after a while there wouldn't be enough food, water, or space for the exponentially increasing number of individuals. So a more realistic model is built, perhaps by including a competing population, be it wolves or bacteria, with dynamics of its own, or by building in a factor like a declining birth rate. All such models use systems of equations that need integration at some point in their solutions.
- Aunty Math
Fun Math Challenges for Kids
- Cool Math's Links for Kids
- Coolmath's Links for KIDS is a safe place for kids to learn about the two coolest things on the planet...
Infoseek Math Site List
- The Math League
- The Math League is dedicated to bringing challenging mathematics materials to students.
The Math League specializes in math contests, books, and computer software designed to
stimulate interest and confidence in mathematics for students from the 4th grade through
- Mega Math
- MegaMath is full of the newest discoveries and hottest topics in mathematics,
and you will see that they are easy to understand and fun to play around with.
Not only can you understand them, but you might be the one to make a new discovery
Please send suggestions, information on changes, corrections and omissions to