History Study Sites
Ancient Egypt goes online with IBM IBM and the Egyptian Government have launched the results of a $3.5m three year, online multimedia project
that reveals 5,000 years of Egyptian history
Civics and History Study Guides
Be sure to try your knowledge of U.S. Government and History in
our interactive self-test.
Download US History Study Guide for Civics Exam (pdf)
Download US Government Structure Study Guide for Civics Exam (pdf)
Thomas Paine - Common Sense
WBUR Feature Story
Paine in the USA
American Revolution, 225th Anniversary
- Minuteman Park
Liberty: Chronical of the Revolution
- Explore the Renaissance and discover the forces that drove this rebirth in Europe, and in Italy in particular.
- The Battle of Hastings 1066
- This is the story of the Battle of Hastings that was fought on the 14th October 1066. An event so significant, that it totally changed the course of English history. To speak about this battle without recourse to the events that led up to it, would be an injustice to the people of this island who have fought and died for and against her. What makes this event so important to the English, is that it was the last time any foreign power was to conquer her.
- Historic Mount Vernon
- Start your tour outside the Mount Vernon Mansion, at the east front.
- Historic Philadelphia
- also the site's main page
On December 26, 1991, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) ceased to exist.
In its place are the Russian Federation (Russia) and 14 independent countries.
PBS OnLine History - Interact with the past.
HyperHistory presents 3000 years of world history with a combination
of colorful graphics, lifelines, timelines, and maps.
History Net by The American Institute for Historical Studies
The History Net by Cowles History Group, Inc.
Jefferson's Legacy: A Brief History of the Library of Congress
Consists of primary source and archival materials
relating to American culture and history.
Please send suggestions, information on changes, corrections and omissions to